Sunday, May 15, 2011

Judging Showmanship at Crossfield/Madden Achievement Day

Well it seems a wonderful cold has momentarily hindered my ability to speak without sounding like a croaking frog... however me and my croaky voice still made it to the Crossfield/Madden Achievement Day today held in Haven's Arena just outside of the metropolis of Madden, Alberta! I was asked to be their showmanship judge for the day, and what a great day it was! I got to work alongside Aaron Grant once again, as he was their conformation judge. All of the members did an exceptional job and displayed some top quality cattle! I would also like to commend the leaders, parents, and volunteers for organizing an easy to follow, fast moving show. I really enjoy judging showmanship because it's all about what you can do yourself and how much effort you've put into making yourself and your animal shine - regardless of your animal's conformation!


Tomorrow I am off to Dickson to judge showmanship once again! I am very honoured that these clubs have looked back into the 4-H program to find their judge - it really means a lot to me to have been asked to judge another club's members... when I am still a member myself! We all need to get our start somewhere, and I am thankful that these clubs have given me the opportunity to start what I hope will be a lifetime of giving back to the 4-H program, which has given so much to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment